- Casio Watches
Samsung Galaxy S22 Series
Samsung S22 Series - The Feature-Packed Smartphone of 2022
Our smartphones have become our lifelines and we carry our mini-world in them! Who thought we'd end up carrying phones in our pockets that have also doubled as our personal digital assistants? There's little a premium smartphone can’t do today. Well, welcome to the world of the S22 series that promises to offer a top-of-the-line experience to its users.
South Korean electronics major Samsung unveiled the smartphone Galaxy S22 series and all eyes have been on the feature-packed Samsung Galaxy S22 lineup. Over the years, Samsung has been able to build strong loyalty and has attracted tons of Android phone users into its fold and with each launch comes an innovative and surprising element.
Galaxy S22 Ultra series in the ultra-premium segment has all the bells and whistles that come with a built-in S Pen, advanced nightography capabilities, and battery life that lasts over a day, making it the most-powerful ultra device of 2022. For the first time, the Galaxy S22 Ultra will bring together the best of the Galaxy Note and S Series for its loyal fan base.
Budding creators, influencers, entrepreneurs and each one of you looking for one of the best Android phones around should have the galaxy S22 on your shortlist. It is the most feature-packed eligible device with its S Pen writing and gestures.
Let’s deep-dive into all that the S22 series device has to offer and what makes it already a favourite among android phone users. Let’s get started!
Samsung S22 Series - Meet The Lineup of Modern Smartphones
The Galaxy S22 series is definitely a worthy upgrade! It is being referred to as the king of smartphones for 2022 and has made it to the top of our list. Let’s explore why.
- Samsung sets the bar when it comes to smartphone displays. It has a 6.8-inch Infinity-O QHD+ Dynamic AMOLED display with Samsung’s new Vision Booster technology.
- Samsung's Galaxy S22 is powered by the 4nm class Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, Qualcomm's latest and the most powerful chipset to date. It is backed by 8GB RAM and 128GB/256GB storage.
- Samsung also shared that the S22 Ultra uses a 108MP sensor, AI and a Dual Tele Zoom system to provide a 100X zoom capability that it calls Space Zoom.
- It has some of the best cameras with an incredible 10x optical zoom. It has the fastest processor in an Android device with a new vapor chamber and a great battery.
Anyone with a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra or any of the S22 lineup can capture that perfect evening scene or create amazing videos.
S Pen meets the Galaxy S22 Ultra
Before we deep dive into how this is the default android phone you need to buy, let’s have a look at the key features and specs that Galaxy S22 Ultra has to offer:
The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is the top-spec variant in the Galaxy S22 series.
- S22 Ultra comes with a 6.8-inch Edge QHD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X display with a 120Hz refresh rate.
- Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset paired with up to 12GB of RAM and up to 512GB of internal storage.
- The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra comes with a quad camera setup on the back that includes a 108-megapixel primary shooter, a 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, and two 10-megapixel telephoto shooters.
- Runs on the Android v12 OS that offers faster updates and is packed with a 5000 mAh battery.
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G smartphone is launched in Phantom Black, Phantom White, Green, Burgundy colours.
When talking about everything that Galaxy S22 Ultra has to offer, Samsung’s addition of an iconic S Pen to enhance the S22 Ultra line is what we have our eyes feasting on!
Let's take you directly to the highlight of this feature that makes it a favourite among everyone in our team. Using the S Pen as a remote, you could screen share a presentation on the Galaxy S 22 Ultra. There is no other device with this capability, and we have eyes glued to it.
For years Samsung strived to make the S Pen more than just a fancy expensive writing accessory. The S Pen acts as a presentation controller, camera remote and a creative instrument. With the S pen this year, the multinational electronics giant claims that it made the display 3 times more responsive to the S Pen than previous models using AI and hardware enhancements. The combination of the S Pen and the S22 Ultra’s impressive camera expands the definition of the ultra line.
The added bonus of the S Pen functionality means that now you can take a picture by pressing the button on the S Pen or can hold down the button on the S Pen and swipe up, and it will change cameras. These features are very handy and unique to Samsung’s Galaxy S22 Ultra and go to show that the S Pen is more than a feature for signing documents and doodling. We are sure the more you find yourself exploring these S Pen features, the more you would be hooked to using the S Pen.
Samsung S22 Plus - Real Addition to the Previous Generation
It’s difficult to roll out smartphone innovations every year, but Samsung has proved that it’s not impossible. With the S22 lineup, Samsung has shared numerous improvements that ranged from enhanced battery life to brighter screens and faster chips. Now it’s time to take you through the S22 Plus variant in detail and the features.
- S22 Plus gets a 6.6 inch AMOLED dot display and uses the 120Hz refresh rate.
- The smartphone is also powered by a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset paired with 8GB RAM and up to 256GB storage.
- It comes with a triple-camera module-- main 12MP Ultra-Wide Camera backed by 50MP Wide Camera and on the front, it houses a 10MP front camera.
- The S22+ has a bigger 4,500mAh battery than the S22. Battery backup is dependable and can last a full workday on modest to heavy usage.
- It comes with an IP68 rating, meaning that you can now take it for a dip in the swimming pool without any worry. The device is capable of surviving the water pressure up to the depth of 1.5 meters for 30 minutes
However, the Galaxy S22 and Galaxy S22 Plus look very similar to last year’s Galaxy S21 series, with the same contour cut camera module that spills over the side of the phone.
Another interesting aspect of the device that we would like to draw the attention of all android admirers is that Samsung has used repurposed ocean plastic waste such as fishnets to make some key components such as key brackets and also, the device is lighter and eco-friendly than ever before.
Talking about features, the Camera is one aspect that most users care about and is considered extremely crucial in the buying decision. Samsung has upgraded the camera hardware that offers a higher resolution in the new S22 series. In short, be ready to capture all those perfect moments spent on a romantic getaway with your beloved ones or record that video while hopping on to a new reel trend. With the Samsung S22 Plus, you’ll never miss capturing a moment and creating perfect memories.
Samsung S22 - Finest Smartphone for Everyone
With the S22 lineup, Samsung has refined the Galaxy S line to be one of the best flagships on the smartphone market. S22 lineup offers cutting edge camera features that allow everyone to capture great photos and videos at that perfect moment.
Here are the key features to check out with the launch of the Samsung S22 variant:
- The Samsung Galaxy S22 comes with a 6.1-inch full-HD Dynamic AMOLED 2X display with a 120Hz refresh rate.
- The Standard S22 comes covered with a Corning Glass Victus+ at the front and back and is said to be the sturdiest shield on Android phones.
- Like its older siblings, S22 is also powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset paired with 8GB of RAM and up to 256GB of internal storage.
- The smartphone comes with a triple rear camera setup that includes a 50-megapixel primary shooter, a 12-megapixel ultra wide-angle lens, and a 10-megapixel telephoto shooter.
- Samsung S22 is available in black, white, pink, and green.
- S22 has a capacity of 3700mAh and supports wired charging at up to 25W speeds, and wireless charging up to 15W.
For entrepreneurs, and hustlers who love to carry their work on the go, the Samsung Galaxy S22 lineup is ideal to use Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace apps, Outlook, Teams and countless other productivity and business apps daily. The iconic Note-like design of the Galaxy S22 Ultra with curved edges fits well in the hand and gives a smooth grip.
If your goal is to have the best of the best smartphones, then you have to eye the right device. With multiple payment gateways and hassle-free monthly instalments, BuyMobile presents unmissable and exclusive deals. Stay tuned for more updates and trends in the world of technology.
Is the Samsung S22 worth it in 2023?
Flagship smartphones are designed to last for upcoming generations as they are packed with future-proof internals,tough hardware and will get software support from the brands for longevity. Samsung S22 is a flagship smartphone of 2022 which still makes sense in buying in 2023 as it has a glass back design with an aluminium frame, snapdragon 8 gen 1 chipset, and a bright 6.1 inches of dynamic AMOLED Display. Samsung has offered 4 years of major Android updates and 5 years of security upgrades which means it will still make sense in the period till 2026-27. So considering Samsung S22 in 2023 will be the right choice as it is fully future proof and you can save money by opting the last year’s flagship.
What are the best features of the Samsung S22?
Samsung Galaxy S22 is a true all-rounder that excels in every aspect of performance but there are a few unique features that make Samsung S22 stand apart from the competition. These unique pros of Samsung S22 are -
- Samsung S22 Size - Samsung Galaxy S22 is a compact flagship smartphone a must-buy in 2023 as no other compact smartphone from other brands at this price would provide equivalent specifications that Samsung S22 is offering.
- Samsung Galaxy Crazy Triple Camera - Samsung Galaxy S22 features a triple camera set up of 50MP Main, 10MP Telephoto and 12MP ultra-wide lenses that are capable of taking highly detailed pictures. If you are a Samsung smartphone lover you won’t get this type of camera performance in any other budget or midrange Samsung phone. So either you can choose a mid range samsung phone with average camera performance or Spend more and get Samsung S23 which will at least cost $200 more than the S22.
- Samsung OneUI Software Support - The major problem with Android smartphones is the user experience of their smartphone os. Generally, smartphones from other brands have glitches and in-built ads which spoils the user experience whereas Samsung One UI provides a cleaner software experience with useful Samsung-oriented features. Apart from user experience, Samsung Galaxy S22 comes with 4 years of Major android updates and 5 years of security patch updates.
How long does it take to charge the S22?
Samsung Galaxy S22 supports 25-watt wired charging, 15W wireless charging and 4.5W of reverse wireless charging. The number discussed above are not that fascinating but considering the battery size of 3700 mAh, 25w charging is averagely adequate. In our test, with Samsung's original 25w charger(not included in the box) it took 1 hour 9 minutes to charge the Samsung Galaxy S22 from 0 to 100.
Which is better S22 or S23?
The successor is always better than its predecessor in the smartphone world but the main question that always arises is how much the new model is better than the previous one. Samsung S23 is better than the Samsung S22 because it comes with major upgrades over the last year Samsung S23 is more durable all thanks to gorilla glass victus 2plus protection, a powerful and efficient Snapdragon 8 gen 2 chipset, a bigger battery and an improved camera set up. Thus Samsung S23 is better than S22 but choosing between the two depends on their price difference.
Is Samsung S22 battery bad?
Samsung S22 was launched as a compact smartphone of 2022 and for making it compact, brand had to compromise with the battery capacity. Even with the new S23, Samsung has provided a 3900 mAh battery which is slightly bigger than S22's 3700 mAh battery. The Samsung battery isn’t that bad for a moderate user but if you cross more than 6 hours of screen time then you would need to charge the device twice. Over that snapdragon 8 gen 1 has some heating issues while high-performance tasks which trouble the S22 battery. So if you are a moderate user who uses his/her phone for normal tasks like scrolling the internet, and making a few calls a day then it can last up to a day but if you are a heavy user you need to carry a charger with you for all day long usage.