What to look for in a Gaming Smartphone
- 08 Jun, 2021
The world of video games has gone far beyond the table consoles but the advancements have not hit their limit. As for mobile gaming, there are your regular smartphones and then there are smartphones that work well for gaming. These gaming smartphones have been possible because of the ever-increasing capacity and more advanced features being introduced every day.
There are a few important features like a chipset, high-quality display, and phone battery that define a smartphone’s capability of handling gaming well. There are the best gaming smartphones available in the market now that offer both performance and efficiency at affordable prices. Let’s have a look at some major characteristics that you need to consider before buying a gaming smartphone.
Powerful Chipset - Most Important Aspect of Gaming Smartphone
A chipset is known as the engine of entertainment in a smartphone. Your smartphone needs to be equipped with a powerful chipset to render graphics smoothly, provide good frame rates, and manage system resources. There are some affordable options for gaming-centric chipset under the 7 series by Qualcomm and MediaTek’s Dimensity series which will take the gaming experience to the next level.
Better Graphic Processing Unit leads to Better Gaming Experience
The GPU or the Graphics Processing Unit plays a really important part in the performance of smartphone video games. The GPU has the ability to increase the speed and resolution to manage and control the visual effects of your mobile gaming. The GPU has complete control over graphics and it can have hundreds of cores to handle the fast and complex graphics. More cores mean a smoother game, whatever you play.
While searching for the ideal gaming smartphone, you might also want to find a phone with a capable display as it will act as the visual interface with your game. A large and sensitive screen will assist you by making the objects in the game and their movements more visible and trackable. A fast-touch response and HDR offering a high refresh rate will do wonders for the gamer.
Best battery capacity for more gaming session
Everyone looking for a gaming smartphone wants uninterrupted gaming sessions over long periods of time. When all the high-performance features function together, the battery life of the phone goes for a toss. You should look for smartphones equipped with high-capacity batteries ranging from 4000 to 6000 mAh that support fast charging.
Ideal Ram for Multi Tasking
RAM provides greater performance when playing by offering the space needed to handle the temporary data. Around 6 to 12 GB of RAM will be ideally suitable for your gaming requirements. This will support the functioning of multiple programs in the background without interrupting your game.
Proper Cooling System
Smartphones tend to overheat after some time of continuous gaming. Due to the high intensity of gaming applications the processors are now equipped with more advanced cooling systems. These cooling systems are now becoming integral to gaming smartphones as frequent heating of handsets affects the performance of the device in the long run.
Popular Gaming Smartphones of 2021
The gaming experience has been taken to another level by the transformation of basic smartphone requirements that suit gaming. There are new launches in the smartphone market every now and then. Hence choosing the right smartphone which meets your gaming requirement can be a little confusing at times. To help you, here is a list of smartphones that should work well if you are looking for an immersive gaming experience.
- Asus ROG 5: Asus has mastered the field to produce purpose-built, gaming-focused handsets. The recently released Asus ROG Phone 5 has the combination of a 144Hz display, up to 16GB RAM, a Snapdragon 888 chipset, and the longevity support of a 6,000 mAh battery. It also has powerful stereo speakers which add to the experience. There is no other option that will bring together all the best specifications like this smartphone. The ROG Phone 5 is specifically crafted to deliver the best possible gaming experience.
- Nubia Red Magic 6: Nubia’s Red Magic 6 is being considered the most interesting gaming phone so far. Along with the latest Snapdragon 888, it also has a built-in cooling fan, 6.8" AMOLED with 165Hz refresh, and 1B colors. It has plenty of other astonishing features offered at a very comfortable price.
- Lenovo Legion Pro: Lenovo Legion Pro is definitely a gaming phone but also serves a practical purpose. It will shape up your gaming experience with a Snapdragon 888 processor, up to 18GB of RAM, up to 90W fast charging, and a promising 144Hz AMOLED screen with fast touch response. This Lenovo Legion Pro smartphone has a blend of the best available features which make it an explicit gaming smartphone.
- iPhone 12 Pro Max: Your gaming adventure will be blessed by iPhone 12 Pro Max's 6.7-inch OLED display along with Apple's A14 Bionic chipset. Apple's handsets offer incredible performance and fantastic cameras to record yourself while gaming. Even without gaming, iPhone 12 Pro Max excels in particular with its camera quality and long battery life which makes it a worthy purchase.
- Samsung S21 Ultra: Samsung S21 Ultra is a smart choice for gaming because of its 120Hz panel, Snapdragon 888 processor and excellent battery life. It consists of a beefy battery of 5,000mAh and has gigantic storage. This all-rounder Samsung S21 Ultra smartphone has a wonderful display and blazing-fast performance to give you the best gaming adventure.
An enhanced gaming experience is only possible because of the ever-increasing capacity and features of smartphones. You will have to pick the right combination of features from the smartphone’s chipset, battery life, display, graphics and other important factors. You will make the best selection by choosing a device geared towards the most appropriate gaming features combination.
With the support of the best available gaming smartphone in the market, you will be able to make mobile gaming look as good as console gaming. But most importantly you may want to focus your search on the more powerful handsets from the options that aren't strictly restricted for gaming but are good for other functionalities.