Apple Latest AirTags vs Tile - True Tracking Comparison
- 07 Jun, 2021
What Exactly Item Tracking Devices are?
Everyone has been through the struggle of losing keys, wallet, phone, etc at the most crucial and urgent hour. The ability to track a valuable item is being integrated into new technology products known as tracking devices. This miniature tracking technology uses Bluetooth and pairs itself to smartphone applications.
You get a lot of features with these small and thin Bluetooth assisted tracking devices offered by Apple AirTags, Tile tracker, and more. When the tracked item goes missing, you can consult the in-app support and find the item. Buying trackers from Apple and Tile will have you covered with intelligent device trackers that stay in active communication with your smartphone.
The Newest Apple AirTag
The arrival of Apple products is always loaded with rumours and excitement. The launch of Apple AirTags gives all Apple users a new way to keep tabs on keys, backpacks, and other valuable items. AirTag takes a very different approach from what other trackers have offered before.
The Apple AirTag is a circular coin-sized device with a more premium appearance than some of its competitors. To use, you just need to add the AirTag to your account, attach it to some object. After which the Find My app will tell you where it is located. Once activated, AirTag works with all modern Apple devices, including iPhones, iPads, iPod Touch devices, and MacBooks.
Tile Trackers: The old king of the tracking jungle
Tile is widely known for its Bluetooth device trackers. Tile uses Bluetooth Low Energy allowing the owner to use a smartphone app to locate the trackable item.
All Tile trackers use BLE to connect to respective devices, which means they need Bluetooth and battery life. If the item is in range, you can simply open the application, tap on Tile and locate it. Even if the item is not in the range, Tile can show you the last registered location and you can trace the item.
Things that AirTags Misses but Tile hits
Even though Apple AirTags seem to be striking the market with their fresh launch, there are a few aspects where Tile trackers lead the race.
- More Models: Unlike Apple’s AirTags, Tiles have a few options available for tracking devices from which the users can choose depending upon their requirements.Tile Pro provides the option for a replaceable battery and has a loud alarm that is audible at a great distance. Tile Mate costs less than Tile Pro but has an equally good range and alarm volume. Whereas Tile Slim and Tile Sticker are smartly designed so this key locator slips and easily attaches to a wallet, purse, or billfold.
- In-Built Button to find your phone: Tile trackers offer a unique feature where you can double press the Tile button on your Tile device. It will give your phone a forced ring, even if it is silent. You can even choose to select a holder case to keep your Tile trackers safe.
- Tile Trackers are more Versatile: Tile works with Android and iPhone, so you can still track stuff even if you don’t use an iPhone. But this is not the case with AirTags, they are compatible only with the latest iOS models.
Benefits of choosing AirTag Over Tile
AirTags have an advantage over Tile since Apple has a bigger network at launch. Not just this, but there are a lot of other reasons why choosing AirTags will benefit you more.
- Easy Set up: Apple’s AirTag is faster to set up as compared to other tracking devices. Setting it up is just a one-tap gesture. You simply need to place the AirTag near your iPhone, and the iPhone will sense it and automatically launch the setup process.Unlike Tile trackers, there is no need to pay for premium subscriptions to activate additional features. Since AirTags are directly from Apple you do not need any third-party application to connect the devices and the tracker.
- NFC: Apple takes the security of the tracker and your items a level ahead. If your device with AirTag is found by someone, they can tap it using any NFC device. They will be directed to the website where the contact information of the owner will be present.
- Perfect fit for Apple Eco System: AirTag works with all modern Apple devices so you can easily use Find My on all these devices to locate the objects you’ve attached an AirTag to.The best part is all these devices will create the Find My network where hundreds of millions of Apple devices will register the locations of your items whenever they pass within Bluetooth range.
Design, Pricing, and Connectivity
Apple and Tile are close competitors offer a range of features that might affect your choice while buying a device tracker, have a look.
- Design: Tile trackers have a sleek square design which includes a hole for attaching the tracker to a keychain or any other keyring. While the Tile Pro and Tile Mate can latch on to keys or anything with a hook or ring, the Tile Sticker can attach to just about everything. Whereas Tile Slim is the same size as a credit card and can be slipped into your wallet conveniently. The very stylish Apple AirTag is a circular coin-sized device. It looks like a stainless steel finish coat button which differentiates them. They also have a built-in speaker and are IP67 water and dust-resistant.
- Pricing: Tile trackers have four versions that range from $19 to $35. All the Tile trackers have their set of features. You can choose whichever suits your budget and requirement in the best way.Apple's device tracking options are not as diversified. Their single model of AirTag costs around $45 which is more than the Tile Mate. The price is justified because of the Ultra-Wideband connectivity AirTag offers.
- Connectivity: The Bluetooth connectivity of Tile trackers allows it to connect to all types of smartphones. But with Bluetooth connectivity it can only work in a range frame, Tile Pro is an exception as it tops 200 feet range. Apple AirTag also operates on Bluetooth connectivity, but in addition, AirTag also has Ultra-wideband technology which allows more precise tracking information to help you locate misplaced objects more quickly.
Tracking devices could save you a lot of time and hassle and including them in your routine will not be a regrettable decision. Both AirTags and Tile trackers serve different purposes for different sets of audiences. The decision to buy Apple AirTag or Tile can be made depending upon which of these has bigger network connectivity around you and will serve your purpose.